Reporting to our Sales Operations Manager, your primary responsibility will ensure all sales operations support runs smoothly, anticipating needs and being proactive with solutions. You will be working with one of our key global clients in assisting with account management on a day-to-day basis, promoting the benefits of our products and services, and support and grow the account by building strong business relationships and ensuring excellence in how we deliver our products and services to exceed client satisfaction. We help our client improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, staff, and expertise.
This role will be based out of the UK. You will have the opportunity to work remote with the exception of going into the LSEG London offices up to 6 times per month.
OST has offices in Michigan and Minnesota with teammates sitting across the nation. Our customers include organizations ranging from startups to global Fortune 500 companies. With an employee-first culture driving our success for 25 years, OST has been recognized for excellence, including in Inc. Magazine’s 5,000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, in CRN’s Tech Elite 250 and as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.
Thinking ahead, seeing beyond and building together
We work alongside organizations to help accelerate their progress toward a digital future. With more than two decades of success behind us, we have the experience to help companies do what they do best, even better. Then we roll up our sleeves to accelerate their growth through technology and innovation.
- Provide exceptional customer services and support the Account Executive of the key account by developing and maintaining positive client relationship, which can significantly impact service and/or product revenue.
- Manage and Build relationships with multiple business units within the client’s organization.
- Establish influential partnerships with key vendors, customers, and internal teams.
- Assist Account Executives with the on-going management of key account which include attending meetings/calls they have with the customer.
- Email inbox administration and prioritizing urgencies during 8:30a – 2:00p UK Business Hours
- Configure build of materials for server and storage configurations (HPE/Dell/Cisco/Pure Storage)
- Process deal registration for special pricing with key partners (HPE, Cisco, Dell, Pure Storage) and insure timely turnaround on approvals.
- Develop expertise in all OEM products, software and all the different OEM special pricing guidelines.
- Responsible for timely and accurate support within our established turnaround time guidelines which include, but not limited to preparation and updates of product and software quotes.
- Responsible for providing accurate quotes, pricing documentation for client within 24-48 hours of request.
- Validate cost and configuration on quotes from distribution.
- Manage inventory in the UK
- Work with technicians to ensure accuracy in the custom client portal.
- Partner with technician regarding space issues, timing with inventory.
- Leverage our custom client portal as well as the client’s own SAP system for orders and financial records, ensuring accuracy.
- Work both internally and externally to exceed client goals and achieve established turnaround times.
- Identify, document, research and resolve service and product issues, questions, pricing and concerns in a timely manner and coordinate resolution of clients concerns to ensure satisfaction.
- Develop strong professional working relationships with customers, partners, and colleagues.
- Understand the customer's key drivers from both business and IT perspectives and develop relevant solutions to meet customer needs.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Assist your dedicated account executive with all NetSuite/CRM processes (ie. Opportunities and Sales Orders).
- Assist with weekly forecast calls with customer.
- Assist with entering, update, and manage purchase orders in customer’s Ariba System as well as maintain accuracy on quotes being entered.
- Create ad hoc reports as needed by business.
- Identify and implement best practices and support the continuous improvement of processes and quality standards for product and delivery services.
- Empowered to pull together the right people/teams across the organization to keep the presales cycle moving for our sales team.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented professional with at least 3 years' experience in an IT inside sales, Account Management, OEM, or sales operations role
- Data-center experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of IT OEM (HPE, Cisco, Dell) portfolio of products or capacity to learn and utilize product resources to meet job requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science or related field; or combination of education and work experience
- Experience with distribution (familiarity with Ingram Micro/Arrow/Sourcing in General)
- Self-confident and forward-looking. Able to respond quickly and influence others.
- Strong Excel proficiency, including lookups
- Desire to deliver superior customer service
- Self-motivated/ self-starter with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment of change, challenge, and multiple deadlines and priorities
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position
- Must be able to apply subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommend appropriate alternatives in supporting Account Executives
- Experience providing review of technical configurations to identify potential errors.
- OEM Technical sales certifications a plus
- Familiarity with Requests for Proposals a plus
You matter! Your experiences matter, your journey with OST matters, and your success matters. People drive all our achievements, and we know that taking care of each other takes care of everything else. This is why we strive to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within our company, the work we do, and our communities. We’ll surely face challenges along the way. And we’ll all continually learn from them to build a caring culture true to our guiding principles: honor, delight, serve, embrace, and learn.
OST is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Technical hardware knowledge and client account management, maybe worked for a Vendor distributor: Ingram Micro,Arrow,Pure Storage or Dell.